flooded basement SERVICES HILLTOP, CONNECTICUT
Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration Services
How Does Basement Flooding Occur?A basement floods quickly and without any warning and causes a lot of damage to your possessions. Having to clean up after such damage can make you tired; just the thought of it makes you think about changing your home is quite stressful! However, if you are in Hilltop, CT, then you do not have to worry about dealing with this problem. Green Restoration will be at your doorstep as soon as you call us for help with a flooded basement and will explain every step to you in detail. Flooded basements occur due to the following issues:
- You may have inadequate drainage around the walls of your basement.
- Basement flooding can take place due to storms that cause water to enter through the windows.
- Appliance failure such as a faulty sump pump can cause basement flooding and can also lead to flooding of the sprinkler system.
What Should You Do Before A Basement Cleanup?Before you go ahead and call Green Restoration to arrive for the cleanup, there are a few things that you can do. Doing so can limit the extent of damage.
- Make sure that you avoid the basement completely. You must, under no circumstance, step in the basement water since there’s a high chance of you getting electrocuted. Also, the basement area will undoubtedly be murky, messy, and dirty, so make sure that you turn the electricity off.
- Also, try to immediately stop the flow of water. To do this, you will have to know where the water source is present. The only time where you cannot do this is if the basement flooding occurred due to groundwater flooding; in this case, repairing will be very extensive, and you must contact us right away to decrease the damage.
- Take a couple of videos and pictures of your basement and back them up in the cloud. This is important because you will need proof when dealing with your insurance provider.